Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 9, 2011

10/08/11 Crabs

Another late post :/ I really suck at this...


Went and got noms. An awesome crab place nearby :) Sophie's birthday.

Garlic Crabs and Fried Okra
And this is what I ended up getting. 7 delicious crabs cooked in an overly salty garlic sauce. Well not really overly salty. Tasty is a better word. The ones at the bottom that were over saturated in the concoction were a bit hard to eat... Let's leave it at that.The crabs were standard blues. Probably caught with in the last 2 days-ish. Arguably not the best season for these little guys though as they weren't particularly fat but they were quite delicious none the less. Yes I just said delicious twice in the same sentence. Deal with it.

They have amazing okra though. The small order was less than I would have hoped for but okra like this is HARD to find outside of the real South that I know as Alabama. Perfectly breaded (i.e. a thin batter that only covers the outside) this okra was not only fried just enough to be tasty, it was also exactly what I needed to remind me of why I love Southern cooking. For even though this dish was really simple it has that home feeling that I really haven't felt in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment