Your Ad Here

Friday, December 2, 2011

12/02/11 Prospects

So I got an email yesterday. And interestingly enough it's for a job interview. My first of many (hopefully, being broke sucks). It's for the position of Technical Writer for a healthcare software company.

Not really going to get too much into the situation besides the fact that I'll be able to put my writing skills to work. It's interesting really how everything I've thus worked for has come to this. And even more interesting probably is the fact that I'm slightly numb about it.

Well I only did check my email after I posted my blog entry yesterday. And yes I was quite elated about the matter at the time and rushed to tell people about it much to my present realization that this is just an interview (Step 2 in the process) but still just a step. One that hasn't lead to fruition yet. Well in this stage it's more like it's a sprout. Any number of things could kill my dream...Well to be even more honest I had only come up with this idea for a job because one of my exes mentioned it in passing during one of our Skype conversations.

My mind is full of things right now. Ideas, thoughts and other stuff that is making me go mad. Oh that reminds me I was wikipedia-ing Djinn and I found this: maǧnūn - 'mad' (literally, 'one whose intellect is hidden'). Which my mind segued to Sheogorath, the mad god of Tamriel. And as I thought more of it, I came to realize that it's true. The Mad God was actually brilliant, under that veil of random gibberish is a positively charming fellow who's deep words are misconstruded as babbling (and arguably he's one of my favorite daedric princes)

But of that another time. I've got more research to be done. I'm going to prepare my ass off for this interview, give them a great show of my potential and of my talent and secure me a job with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment