Your Ad Here

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Yellowstone - The Prequel


Hoping for the best. 

It’s a bit late for the start of a journal of this nature, but time is a luxury in this day and age. Breakfast would be mine it would seem. It’s day two of my trip and I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere. Well not really, but that’s what I’d like to call this hole in the middle of the road more colloquially known as Yellowstone. It’s a petite place of strangers from every nation (though from the languages that I’ve thus far spoken with/heard/eavesdropped on I’ve come to the conclusion that a good percentage of them are from China or Europe. Or if not from these places directly, then they are the descendants from these places. I don’t really mind all that much of course, but there are plenty of things about this trip that have yet irked me to no end.

Let’s see where to start… How about the beginning of the trip Thursday morning? Oh yeah I got my luggage stolen before I even got to security.  Some douchebag and his wife grabbed my carryon and sprinted off the shuttle service before I had a chance to be pissed off. At first I was under the impression that the bag that it had been replaced with was owned by some foreign terror agent since the bag was unnaturally light. But luckily it was just full of smokes and light clothing. Add roughly 45 mins to an hour to when I arrived at the airport and you’ll realize when I got to security. Why? Because the shuttle service and I flew around the airport in an attempt to find my bag. All I get is a rough “sorry for the inconvenience” from the guy and then I had to rush on. Now I did get my bag back so why am I irked about this? Let’s see the following…

1.       We attempted to ask the Southwest people for help because the shuttle service guy had remembered that they had gotten off at that exit. The attendants basically told me “You’re shit out of luck.” You’d think an airline company would think more about potential customers losing their luggage than the shit that I got from this guy. Not only is it a security hazard but that’s just bad customer service.
2.       How the hell do you mistaken your bag for someone elses? L I left a blue circle of tape on mine bag’s handles for the express reason of making sure it would be easily recognizable… RUDENESS
3.       Parents. SO my mom exploded on me for not searching my bag for bombs or other things. (Which I did even before she showed up from the restroom or wherever she was). Let’s see how this could have been different. 1. If you’ve been waiting with my bag for the past 20 minutes, why can’t you check? 2. Do you seriously think a traveler like myself would seriously allow his bag to be tampered with by a 3rd party without checking to see if anything had been changed/moved/added? 3. Why can’t you call security and let them do it then. It’d be peace of mind on all sides.

The flight itself was probably a big sign that I shouldn’t have come on this trip. Besides the extremely stuffed nature of the flight and the fact that the old lady in front of me kept shifting her seat every 5 minutes we were delayed on the runway for 45 minutes because one of the lights in the cabin wasn’t functional. It was then decided that DL 0303 should return to the gate because mechanics needed to be called in to check on something. Add an hour to that it is noted that our flight was further delayed because ground crew mechanics were needed to manually test the engines. No I’m not pleased. No I’m not happy. And further more I don’t feel safe on this flight.

I’ve got to get going for now, I’ll type more as I get the chance to.

*hugs* and *kisses* to my loves. And if you’re on my list of people who deserve a gift note me with what you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment