Your Ad Here

Friday, January 14, 2011

The First Night

To say the least this has been an epic journey here. I've fought many many impossible odds to be able to arrive at this location and I'm still amazed after all of it that I did make it.

And so hm... yes a TL;DR version.

1. Initial Flight Got Cancelled

2. Rebooked Twice

3. Long LONG LONGGGGGGG plane ride.

4. Arrived Safely

5. Passed the fuck out.

6. Mingled.



And now for the significantly longer version as I have a bit of spare time after this amazing nap....

My story actually starts yesterday or technically the day before now. My original flight was supposed to leave Florida cross through Atlanta and then straight onto San Jose. But when have plans ever worked out? That afternoon flight got delayed 3 hours or so, which inevitably means I would have missed my connection to San Jose. And as such I decided against waiting 8 hours at the Tally airport for that flight (yeah I know I'm crazy but I got to the airport 4 hours before my scheduled flight). Blame being in line at Atlanta to wring the wrath of the lines into ya...

As for why Atlanta's being covered in snow and ice. A sign if any that I didn't plan for it...

Well anyway so I got it rescheduled to a flight at about 5 A.M. The rest of the day was a trip to the mall to buy some more PSP games; a really unnecessary trip to Godiva Choclatiers and lunch at Circa Sushi.

I woke up at about 1 A.M. Eastern yesterday in hopes of grabbing a hot shower and then calling a cab to the airport as all of my usually dependable friends would be passed the fuck out and not available. But as it would stand my flight got canceled again.

Rerouted to the 6 A.M. and oh that got canceled also. And so I prayed for and was finally able to get on the 7:29 flight to Atlanta. A restless night of staring at the clock and not having the stomach to eat anything leads to my flight into Atlanta. Which for all intensive purposes wasn't that bad... Oh except for the ice and snow and the fact that we were on the tarmac for 40 minutes before they'd let us dock. So I was in Concourse A when my flight debarked and my connection to LAX is on Concourse E. Did I mention that I had only 20 minutes between the travels?

I actually did get onto my plane in time and LAX was ok. The flight was long and rather laborous but I had two seats next to me that were open. 5 hours and inception + the first half of despicable me.

Another hour and over priced McDonalds and I'm finally in San Jose.

I'll get into the whole convention details if/when I wake up anytime soon.

I'm at the hotel now about to pass out watching animal planet

No comments:

Post a Comment