Your Ad Here

Monday, March 4, 2013

03/04/2013 Use of Alcohol

Reviewing things in my beloved Skyrim, I came to note a small ESRB rating factor of "Use of Alcohol."

And then I think to myself. But... But... drinking in this game doesn't get you intoxicated :/


And therefore the use of alcohol is purely trivial. For it functions as any other potion or food item as a temporary buff and debuff that has no real purpose as it was stated. Hell if you changed it's name it wouldn't pose an issue at all would it?

Though I suppose one could not exist in the land of skyrim without alcohol as it is the lifeblood of a province.

What would the jarls and various heroes do without their beloved mead? Hell it plays a central part of at least two major story lines.

In that sense I suppose the use of alcohol is less a factor in the minds of the reviewers than as one of those things they have to warn about.

Because seriously playing Skyrim won't be making me want to fireball people any more so in real life than I normally do. And I though I'm a most adept blacksmith in the game, I have no real interest in the crafting of fine metal or leather goods in real life.

The only thing this game has made me want more is the ability to fly on the back of a dragon (which won't be happening any time in the near future, so meh). Well I would love to be an alchemist but my knowledge of herbalore is limited at best and in a world of science, it means little :(

No comments:

Post a Comment